Seeds 4 Success volunteers provide one-on-one mentoring for children residing in low-income households in the City of Annapolis enrolled in grades PK-12.
Our mentors coach children towards academic success, social-emotional competency, and college and career readiness so that they can build a bright future for themselves!
MENTORING AT SEEDS 4 SUCCESS
- Learn Program Mentors (Grades PK-5) : Help your mentee develop and reach academic milestones by building foundational literacy, math, and study skills. Mentors commit to one full school year and volunteer two hours weekly to help participants with homework, reading, concept grasping, organizational skills, goal-setting, social-emotional skills, and self-advocacy.
- Wednesdays, 4-6PM
- Dream Program Mentors (Grades 6-9): Help your mentee build on foundational academic skills, develop and engage in social-emotional skill-building, discover new and enriching activities, and explore college and career pathways. Mentors commit to one full school year and spend two hours weekly with their mentees to work on continued success on their path to high school.
- Tuesdays, 5-7PM
- Dream Program Mentors (Grades 9-12): Help your mentee meet college and career preparation milestones, explore professions and career pathways, develop and engage in social-emotional skill-building, understand life skills, and discover new and enriching activities. Mentors commit to one full school year and spend approximately two hours weekly with their mentees to ensure success as they progress towards a career.
- Individualized Sessions
- Volunteer Floaters: Step in when mentors are absent during after school programming for two hours per week.
- AmeriCorps Seniors Foster Grandparents Volunteers: This program pairs income-eligible seniors with students to support academic success. Foster Grandparents are placed in various schools in Anne Arundel County and work with youth throughout the day, for 20 hours per week. Email [email protected] if you are interested in learning more about the eligibility requirements.
BEGIN YOUR VOLUNTEER JOURNEY WITH SEEDS 4 SUCCESS
- Complete the Volunteer Interest Form below.
- Participate in an initial interview with Seeds 4 Success’ Volunteer Coordinator.
- Complete a comprehensive criminal background check.
- Attend Orientation and Program Meeting for overviews policies, the responsibilities of your role, and specific program components.
- Attend either Learn or Dream programs for 90 days to experience the role before being paired with your tutee or mentee.
- Attend mandatory trainings to sharpen your skills!