Volunteers are crucial to the success of the children in our programs. We have a list of students waiting for dedicated volunteers to work with them. Each youth receives a one-on-one academic coach (tutor) as well as a one-on-one mentor. We have other volunteer opportunities as well.
“I volunteered with Seeds 4 Success to give back, but volunteering has actually given me more than I could have imagined.” – Eastport Girls Club mentor
- Academic Success Coaches (tutors): Help their tutee develop and reach positive academic goals by helping youth build effective study skills. For one hour a week coaches help students with homework, reading, concept grasping, organizational skills, goal setting, and self-advocacy. READ VOLUNTEER POSITION DESCRIPTION
- Mentors: Help their mentee develop and reach positive interpersonal skills, discover new and enriching activities, while remaining focused on academic, career, and personal goals. Mentor spend at minimum six hours per month with mentee. READ VOLUNTEER POSITION DESCRIPTION
- Foster Grandparents: This program pairs low-income seniors with low-income students for ultimate academic success. Foster Grandparents are placed in various schools in Anne Arundel County and work with youth throughout the day, for 20 hours per week.
- Administrative Volunteers: Provide support to our S4S program coordinator during weekly programming for three hours per week.
- Subs: Step in when academic coaches must be absent during after school programming for one hour per week.
- Transportation Volunteers: Provide transportation for individual or grouped participants, before or after programming and for special events, either with personal vehicle or S4S van. Hours vary based on programming and summer camps.
Interested in being a S4S volunteer? Or know someone who might be? We would love to hear from you.
- Complete Volunteer Interest Form below
- Complete background and driving check (you will receive an email)
- Once cleared, meet with volunteer manager for one-on-one training (you will be contacted to schedule)
- Begin volunteering!
- Attend occasional trainings to sharpen your skills!