Open Positions at Seeds 4 Success
Volunteer Maryland Americorps Volunteer Programs Assistant
We are currently hiring for a 11-month Volunteer Maryland AmeriCorps member to serve in the Volunteer Programs Assistant role for 2022-2023.
TO APPLY, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hours: Full-Time, 40 hours per week Location: Annapolis, MD
Compensation: Annual stipend of $16,502 and an Education Award of $6,495
Reports to: Service Site Supervisor and Executive Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a written work plan and timeline for implementation
- Assist in the development of program curricula that supports effective tutoring, mentoring for program participants and volunteers
- Recruit volunteers. Outreach methods may include: presentations to faith, business, and/or community groups; staffing information booths at community events; and utilizing the media
- Screen volunteers as necessary; procedures might include interviews, reference checks, and criminal background checks
- Assist in the development of orientation and volunteer training.
- Support the coordination of recognition activities for volunteers such as special events, awards, gifts, etc.
- Maintain accurate records of volunteer participation and report to Volunteer Maryland
- Evaluate progress made in achieving program goals; report on progress to Volunteer Maryland
- Develop community partnerships to support the volunteer program
- Serve as public ambassador for the Service Site, Volunteer Maryland, and AmeriCorps
- Participate in VM and AmeriCorps training, service projects, and other activities
- Note: The AmeriCorps member will not be allowed to perform duties that violate the AmeriCorps Prohibited or limited Activities or fall outside of the program goals outlined in this position description
- Volunteer Maryland AmeriCorps members may not perform any services or duties or engage in activities that would otherwise be performed by an employee as part of the assigned duties of such employee. An employer may not displace an employee or position, including partial displacement such as reduction in hours, wages or employment benefits as a result of the use of an AmeriCorps member. An organization may not displace a volunteer with an AmeriCorps member
- Maintain social media presence to recruit, retain and celebrate volunteers
- Assist with the coordination of volunteer training, family events, and after school programs
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Skilled at taking initiative, problem solving, and working independently, to be able to develop and implement a volunteer program
- Skilled at building interpersonal relationships to work effectively as part of a team (at the Service Site and with their cohort)
- Strong verbal skills, to communicate effectively with staff, volunteers, and community groups
- Skilled at written communication, to develop program materials and reports
- Basic computer literacy (i.e. Google Docs and Drive), to be able to produce program materials and track volunteer hours.
- Able to respond to organizational change productively and maintain a positive attitude
- Have an open mindset and focus on possibilities thinking
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or legal permanent resident alien of the United States
- Must satisfy the national service criminal history check
Here’s why our employees love working at Seeds 4 Success!
“I really enjoy this work, the relationships I build and the positive feedback we receive throughout the community. At Seeds 4 Success, the rewards are many, but my favorite is being able to help guide children at a critical time in their lives.” – Program Manager
IT PROVIDES PROFESSIONAL GROWTH!
“One of the most impactful aspects of my work is to see these relationships form and to watch our youth blossom because of them. I have grown a lot both personally and professionally since I first started at Seeds 4 Success and can attribute that growth to all the opportunities I have been able to take advantage of through this work.” – Volunteer Manager
“I’m hoping that seeing the issues and solutions that the Seeds 4 Success programs offer will give me inspiration in the future. Going forward in my life I’m hoping I can do something that takes an innovative approach to helping people.” – Intern