Foster Grandparents Program Manager
Under the general direction of the Executive Director of Seeds 4 Success and the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) program policy guidelines, the FGP Program Manager has full-time responsibility for the development, operation, monitoring and reporting of the Americorp Seniors Foster Grandparent Program for Seeds 4 Success.
Program Manager’s Role:
The FGP Program Manager is responsible for the overall programmatic and daily management of the Foster Grandparent Program and grant requirements. The FGP Program Manager functions as a working project manager, actively involved with community organizations, volunteers, and volunteer stations. The FGP Program Manager will meet weekly with the Executive Director to ensure smooth operation, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of the program. This position serves as the representative of the sponsor in signing and approving official project documentation, including project reports, budget documents, memoranda of understanding, and/or letters of agreement for in-house assignments. The FGP Program Manager will abide by Seeds 4 Success’ established procedures for internal review and its standard policies and procedures.
The FGP Project Manager may participate in activities to coordinate program resources with those of related local agencies, boards, or organizations.
Under direction of Seeds 4 Success’ Executive Director, the FGP Program Manager’s duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop positive relationships with volunteers, parents, students and other stakeholders;
- Uphold the academic mission of the organization;
- Plan and develop all phases of FGP operations, budget and reports;
- Ensure National Service Criminal History Check are completed for all covered staff and volunteers in accordance with CNCS requirements and agency policy;
- Adhere to and administer personnel policies and procedures for staff consistent with those of Seeds 4 Success;
- Develop and maintain appropriate fiscal, personnel, and program reports;
- Develop and maintain appropriate volunteer records and reports in conjunction with the Volunteer Manager;
- Enhance the total efforts of FGP through active involvement with community organizations, other national service programs, where appropriate;
- Implement agreed upon performance measure and other FGP grant requirements;
- Work in cooperation with Seeds 4 Success staff and volunteer station staff to obtain resources for programs;
- Plan, develop, and implement ongoing public relations opportunities, including social media, in cooperation with Seeds 4 Success;
- Arrange for formal and regular recognition of volunteers, organizations, and individuals who have contributed to the support of FGP;
- In conjunction with FGP staff, develop and maintain close coordination and relationships with volunteer stations, including development of volunteer assignment plans;
- Assess appropriateness and/or performance of volunteer stations;
- Attend training conferences conducted or authorized by the CNCS
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience managing grants and program implementation
- Experience supervising and managing volunteers or staff
- Excellent collaboration, communication and writing skills
- Highly proficient in my Google Docs and Drive
- A passion for working with seniors, schools and community partners
- An ability to be self-reflective and receive feedback openly
- Ability to work well under limited supervision
- Have a valid driver license
- Must pass a background check
- Salary starting at $42,000 per year
- Paid holidays and time off
- Health insurance
- Simple IRA
How to Apply:
Send your cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and write the title of the position in the subject line.
We look forward to reviewing your application!
Here’s why our employees love working at Seeds 4 Success!
“I really enjoy this work, the relationships I build and the positive feedback we receive throughout the community. At Seeds 4 Success, the rewards are many, but my favorite is being able to help guide children at a critical time in their lives.” – Program Manager
IT PROVIDES PROFESSIONAL GROWTH!
“One of the most impactful aspects of my work is to see these relationships form and to watch our youth blossom because of them. I have grown a lot both personally and professionally since I first started at Seeds 4 Success and can attribute that growth to all the opportunities I have been able to take advantage of through this work.” – Volunteer Manager
“I’m hoping that seeing the issues and solutions that the Seeds 4 Success programs offer will give me inspiration in the future. Going forward in my life I’m hoping I can do something that takes an innovative approach to helping people.” – Intern